Thanks Barath, for nominating me! If you haven’t read the blog at https://justbarath.wordpress.com/ you’re missing a nice chance to smile today, so hop over there and check it out!
So in accordance with “The Rules,” the following are my answers, random facts, questions to the blogs I nominate and my own nominations:
Answers to the questions I was asked:
1.What is Love?
– Love is courage. It is a feeling so beautiful that one steps towards it despite the fear of knowing it is an uncontrollable force.
2.The First book that comes to your mind now?
– Gone with the Wind…who knows why, lol
3.Your Favourite Fictitious Character? Why do you love it?
– Hercule Poirot…because he is brilliant and flawed and genuine…he teaches us how to really listen to others, and he makes me smile.
4.Are you a Plan-it-all or a Play-it-on Character?
– Both. I carry a journal with me everywhere – in my car, by my bed, in my purse, by my favorite chair. I plan everything – chores, meals, work schedules, budgeting…you name it. I also jot down murder plots when they spring to mind as well as character ideas and bits of dialog…I lost a journal once and fell into such a state that everyone in my town knew about it as I was afraid I might have lost it while shopping and went around asking everyone! It’s tough when your journals have everything from descriptions of poisons to your grocery lists! Lol
On the other hand, I never do a traditional outline when I write. When I feel the need to write, I just set down and let my fingers fly without any rules at all. My obsession for order usually comes out in the editing process 🙂
5.Books or Ebooks?
– Books, books and more books!
6.Some words we read in a book or somewhere else define us? Share something that you read that defined your life intact?
– “People do what they know, when they know better, they do better” – Maya Angelou. I believe in meeting people where they are with compassion – that is often the only path that leads to positive change.
7.Why did you start Blogging?
– Because I have so many things to say! Lol
8.The person you idolize? Why?
– Well, clearly I idolize Agatha Christie! I admire her because she was so very real. Some people are simply celebrities…I find little value in that…having a genuine talent, the brains to bring something timeless to fruition, and the humility to understand that fame is a word with no substance…I admire that.
9.You are walking by a dense forest. A genie pops in suddenly. It tells you that you can have anyone you wish to help you know. Whom will you call? Why?
– I would ask for my husband – honestly. Why? Because he is my rock in all situations – he believes in me, he always pushes me forward, and because he is the smartest, most resourceful person I know!
10.The last 10 days of the world and you win an all expense paid trip to ant place in this world of your choice. Where will you go?
– Without hesitation – I would go on a “Midsomer Murder” filming location tour in England – yes, I am that much of a nerd! Lol
11.Share a situation which tested your Patience?
– Who can think of only one?? Honestly, if crossing my arms and tapping my foot could actually propel me forward I would be on the moon by now!
11 Random facts about me:
1 – I have been a country music singer and songwriter my whole life.
2 – I have a carafe that sits on my bedside table that looks just like the one Hercule Poirot uses in the television version of “Murder in Mesopotamia,” in the scene where he is trying to catch a buzzing insect…though because of that same episode, I am afraid to ever get a drink from it! 🙂
3 – The town I live in has a population of 625…that’s it…625, and not a single stop light!
4 – My husband and I have two daughters, our oldest is 25 and our youngest is 11 – I know it’s crazy!
5 – I am an animal lover
6 – My oldest daughter is a very talented artist – you can see three paintings that she did for me last year on my home page!
7 – The Midsomer Murders theme song is my ring tone.
8 – I love to swim…I am terrified of the ocean…
9 – I have four witches’ brooms in my house
10 – I am an avid historian
11 – I have a huge dry erase “murder board” in my office that I use to connect characters and create time lines. Now everyone who comes over wants to see the board…I can’t decide if they think it’s cool or just want to solidify the fact in their mind that I am the strangest person they know…
11 Questions for my nominees:
- Is there such a thing as the perfect murder? If so, what?
- Do you believe that people are generally good at heart?
- How do you feel about self-publishing vs. the traditional route?
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy?
- How many close friends do you really have?
- Are you a private person or a social butterfly?
- If you are in a crowded room, do you prefer to set with your back to the wall, or will just anywhere do?
- If you had a time machine and could travel to any event in history, where would you go?
- What is your favorite song of all time?
- How did you come up with the title of your blog?
- Who is your favorite book character?
My nominations are: